Witherby Connect is the online library solution for the maritime industry. Created by Witherbys’ in house development team, Witherby Connect provides users with streamlined access to all major industry publications. The browser-based hybrid software means that there is nothing to install and after publications are saved to the browser cache they can be accessed almost instantly both on and offline.
The following features make Witherby Connect the ideal eBook reader for use in the maritime industry:
- Cyber secure Designed with the new IMO requirements on cyber security in mind, Witherby Connect runs in the browser secure sandbox.
- No installation required Witherby Connect is browser-based hybrid software, meaning that it runs in web browsers, yet behaves like desktop software, with absolutely nothing to install.
- Portable Witherby Connect is not limited to one device and can be accessed on any computer or tablet that is linked to the internet.
- Built with seafarers in mind Ships with download speeds as low as 0.3 Mbps can access Witherby Connect while deep sea.
- Use on and offline Witherby Connect provides flexible access. Publications can be viewed while connected to the internet and are downloaded to the browser’s cache for access offline, making it suitable for use even when internet access cannot be guaranteed.
- Reduced bandwidth use eBooks can be downloaded in bulk in port and complex search is carried out online, reducing the size of the publications.
- Comprehensive marine library Access all major industry publications and guidance, instantly and easily.